Garden State Model Railway Club, Inc.
Local Railroad & Industrial History
The Garden State Model Railway Club, Inc. is more than just an institution about railroading in 1/87 scale.
Many of our members take a strong intrest in railroad and industrial history, around which some of our trips
are centered. Here are some cool pages put together by the Club about the history we love to study, model,
and share. Our newest additions are at the top of the list.
A sneak preview of what you'll discover inside our Railroad History feature!
Then & Now's: Before and After pictures of North Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and Southern New York Railroading
- The Great Lackawanna Cutoff, the Lackawanna's high speed route across western New Jersey and into the scenic Deleware Water Gap
- Washington, New Jersey, a once bustling town intersected by two railroads completely bypassed by the Lackawanna Cutoff.
- North Hawthorne Car Shops, Industry, and Trackage, on the New York, Susquehanna & Western Railroad in Hawthorne, New Jersey.
- Maywood Station, on the New York, Susquehanna & Western Railroad in Maywood, New Jersey. An amazing story of how a small group of volunteers can do so much to preserve our nation's rich railroad history!
- Campbell Hall, New York, a crucial connecting point for the New York Ontario & Western and the Lehigh & New England with the Central New England, which connected this junction with the all important Maybrook Yard.
- Goshen and Greycourt, New York, where the old Erie main met the Lehigh & New England and the Lehigh & Hudson River Railroads.
- The LNE and the DL&W in Portland, PA
- The Lehigh and New England Railroad between Columbia and Hainesburg, New Jersey.
- Warbasse Junction (Hyper-Humus), the crossing of the NYS&W and the DL&W Sussex Branch
- Along the Erie Railroad's Greenwood Lake Division and What Lies Beneath the Wanaque Reservoir.
- Little Ferry, NJ: Home of the NYS&W Engine Terminal and the infamous CP5
- Lake & Chester Junctions, a rural crossing of the DL&W and the CNJ.
- The CNJ's Hopatcong Junction
- The NYS&W's Wilkes Barre & Eastern and the DL&W in East Stroudsburg, PA
- The PRR's Schuylkill Division through Norristown, PA
Visit the GSMRRClub Homepage
The GSMRRC Railroad History presentation was conceptualized and designed by Anthony R. Tofani.
These pages were last updated on January 1, 2017
by Robert J. Savino.
Anthony R. Tofani authored majority of the pages, with major contributions from Treasurer Robert E. Savino.
Minor contributions and overall maintenance by Webmaster Robert J. Savino.
Any problems with the site, please contact Webmaster Robert J. Savino
This site is presented by the Garden State Model Railway Club, Incorporated. This page and all other pages and files
within this site not explicitly Copyrighted are Copyrighted ©2001-2017 Anthony R. Tofani and Robert J. Savino.
They may not be distributed without explicit permission. All rights are reserved. More copyright information can be found through